Created in 1979, the Conselho Coordenador dos Institutos Superiores Politécnicos (CCISP – Portuguese Polytechnics Coordinating Council) is the body of joint coordination and representation of public polytechnic higher education establishments.
It comprises all public polytechnics (15 in total) and all public non integrated schools (5 in total). Since in Portugal Universities Can also encompass polytechnic organic units, some of the public university that provide polytechnic courses are also a part of CCISP, these being de Universities of Açores, the Algarve, Aveiro and Évora.
It is CCISP’s mission, in addition to the co-representation of polytechnic higher education institutes:
- to collaborate in the creation of national education, science and culture policies,
- to issue opinion on all issues having to do with the public polytechnic higher education system, not only in terms of legislation, but also in terms of budget
Why we are participating in HAPHE
Furthermore, the Council also aims to contribute to the development of education, research and culture in general and to the recognition of polytechnic higher education institutions and their agents, as well as the reenforcement of partnerships with foreign entities. This is why CCISP is a member of several international networks associated with polytechnic higher education, namely, the Universities of Applied Sciences Network (UASNET), The European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE) and the World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP).
Our role in the project
- Support research activities by creating a national profile, and identifying institutions to participate in the survey
- Participate in the development of the policy support tools, by contributing an expert to the expert-group
- Organise a validation workshop amongst national stakeholders
- Participate in national and international dissemination activities
- Participate in the launch conference